- 1 tsp butter
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- 2-3 clove (laung / lavang)
- 1/2 inch cinnamon (dalchini) stick
- 1 mace (javantri)
- 5 to 6 peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 5-6 Baby Saffron (kesar) strands
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5-6 saffron (kesar) strands strands
- Heat Butter in a pan, add the bayleaf, cloves, Cinnamon, Mace and peppercorns, mix well and saute it for a minute.
- Add water and boil it for 20-30 minutes and add Saffron.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside for atleast 30 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic and onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and saute it for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add milk to the vegetables and mix well and then add the green chillies, mix well and cook the mixture till the moisture in the milk evaporates.
- Add the besan and mix till the mixture becomes thick and dry.
- Allow it to cool for some time and transfer it into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add some Stock while blending in order to make the mixture smooth.
- Transfer the paste into a pan, add the remaining stock to the paste and heat the mixture till one boil.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Welcome to the rich, exotic, colorful and fragrant world of 100% pure & natural saffron - the kesar that the world adores....
Baby Saffron brings you the finest, hand-picked pure and genuine saffron. Since 6 generations we have been selling the best quality saffron to connoisseurs worldwide. We select the finest stigma, process each one by hand to remove the yellow style and then pack it in a humidity controlled environment. Hygienically packed, our saffron gives you a taste as well as aroma that is incomparable to any other..